Friday 1 October 2010

Walla Crag yesterday

This is the cairn on the top of Walla Crag with a view looking towards Bassenthwaite Lake and just the tip of Derwentwater showing.  It is one of my favourite places to go and have a quick walk with Bella and then stay awhile on the top and admire the view whilst maybe having a spot of lunch. Yesterday though my group of walkers and I were on our way up Bleaberry Fell as well so we only had time to take a few shots with our cameras. It was windy on top as it usually is and so we did not stay very long. We had a good walk though and Hazel brought along her camcorder and took a video which she said she would post on her Youtube account. So when that happens I will give you a link and you can share our day out too.

2 comments:

rita said...

A beautiful photo, Lyn. Walla Crag is one of my favourites for a short walk in the morning as well. But last time (actually the week before last week) I strangely preferred Latrigg. Ran it up and down quite a few times, perhaps because it's so easy? :-) Hope to see you - endlich - again during the last week in October. Missed you when you were in Scotland and I was in Keswick, which happened quite often this year.

Lyn Armstrong said...

It's the lure of the last few Munros, not many left to do now...